Our 16 gallon steel salvage drums
are constructed of high quality carbon steel and meets the UN design type requirements. Standard salvage drums feature yellow bodies with yellow or red covers, with a multilingual salvage drum logo in red. These open head steel salvage drums include an EPDM rubber gasket with a leverlock ring closure. The Leverlock ring holds the cover on to the container with a latch (or toggle) that is pulled from one side to the other and applies torque to the two ring ends in a similar fashion to the bolt ring. No torque wrench is required to confirm proper closure.Key Benefits
Epoxy-Phenolic Lining (Optional)
- UN Rated and tested to help ensure safe shipping of hazardous materials
- Quick-style lever lock rings make it easy to comply with closure regs; no tools required
- Open-head design and removable lid offer full, convenient access
- Shippable "as is" so there's no need to switch closure rings
- High-visibility yellow with red multi-lingual "Salvage Drum" markings clearly identify drum
- Interior is coated with a corrosion inhibitor; choose optional epoxy-phnolic lining for added resistance
Unlined drums come with a rust inhibitor designed to prevent the drum from rusting prior to being filled. It is not intended to act as a lining. It is normally applied at thin films 0.1-0.2 mils dry. Optionally, you can order the drum with an Expoxy-Phenolic Lining designed to provide outstanding chemical resistance in a pH range of 7.0 - 9.0. The resin ratio has been varied in specific formulations to achieve the desired compromises in flexibility and resistance. Typical products packaged are alkaline products, fatty acids, detergents, emulsions, foods, general organic chemicals, surfactants, and water-based resins.
Carbon steel (CS) is metal alloy that is made of iron and carbon. It is known as a cost-effective alloying material. There are four types of carbon steel that vary in strength level: low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, and very high carbon steel. Engine parts, car body panels, and select knives are made of carbon steel. The Cary Company also has carbon steel IBC tanks, filter vessels, and drums that work well with many liquids.
This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.