The 56W30N is a new UN Rated natural 30 gallon tight head round plastic drum. This drum is made of industrial strength high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE) plastic similar to HDPE but more durable, with extra thick walls to provide superior performance and long lasting durability. The seamless construction of this closed head drum is suitable for outdoor use. High temperature is 140 ° and low temperature is 0 °. The 56W30N closed head storage drum features drain vents molded in the top with two 2" NPS bung openings with NPT Plugs & EPDM gaskets. FDA food grade approved and DOT certified.
- Also called the shipping container
- Complies with FDA regulations for food and drugs
- Bottom handhold for easy handling
- Integrally molded top ring facilitates handling using "parrot's beak" assembly, side grabber, hoist, forklift, and hand truck
- Original Single L-Ring design offers the best in material handling, and long service life
High density polyethylene (HDPE )
is the most commonly used resin. This economical plastic has good impact resistant, is naturally translucent, flexible, and typically used for personal care products, such as shampoo bottles. Adding color will give HDPE an opaque look that will result in an increase in weight and rigidness. We have a variety of these rigid and tough high density polyethylene products in stock, from containers, pails, bottles, caps, tubs, and jugs. HDPE works well in below freezing temperatures. HDPE heat compatibility varies. Generally, it should not be used with products filled at over 145°F.