Duplex filters permit continuous operation, never interrupting your process and thus reducing overall operation costs. With its two separate chambers that operate independently, flow can be switched back and forth between the two filter vessels, allowing one side to be serviced while the other is in use.
A duplex housing, using a single multi-port valve operating system, is a better solution, and offers many benefits:
- Four separate valves are used all operated simultaneously by a single lever.
- Valves use the standard butterfly design, known for their effective seal, low pressure drop, and low cost.
- Any of the valves can be serviced individually, without need to disturb the other valves or piping. Replacements are readily available.
- Valves are soft-seated to provide bubble-tight closure.
- A variety of valve seal materials is available for use with a number of hard-to-handle fluids.
- Pressure drop is minimized because the flow path has the equivalent of only four elbows instead of the usual six.
- Mechanical stops assure that the valves are completely open or closed.
- A single-valve pressure balancing vent system is furnished to ease movement of the lever and to fill the just serviced vessel before use.
- Vents in filter covers and drain ports in filter housing speed evacuation and filling.
- Remotely operated power actuators and automatic power actuation (triggered by pressure differential sensing) are offered. Air or electric actuation is best if such power is available.
Stainless steel 304 (SS304) has excellent corrosion resistance and weldability. SS304 has an oxidation resistance of 1600°F for intermittent service and 1690°F for continuous service. We have a collection of stainless steel 304 drums, power drill mixers, and filter vessels. Stainless steel 304 products, such as pans and cooking tools are common household products that people use on a daily basis.
This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.