Model 8 strainer/filter housings , Size #1 (15" Basket Depth), can serve as a basket strainer or as bag filters. In all cases, covers are easily removed without special tools. Features:
- Hinged Eye Bolt Cover (CS & S)
- Eye Bolt Cover (Aluminum)
- 1/4" NPT Gauge Port
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently-piped housings
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Available in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel (404 or 316), and Aluminum construction.
- Easy to clean.
- Adjustable height legs, standard.
- O-rings seals: Buna N, EPR, Viton®, Teflon®
- Duplex units are available
- Pipe sizes 3/4" to 4", NPT or flanged
Choosing a Basket Strainer or Bag Filter
- Sanitary connections
- Different outlet connections
- Extra length legs
- Liquid displacers for easier servicing
Choose between straining (removing particles down to 74 micron size) or filtering a fluid (removing particles down to 1 micron size). This will direct you to choose the correct basket when ordering.Operation
Unfiltered liquid enters the housing above the bag or basket and passes down through them. Solids are contained inside the bag or basket, where they're easily and completely removed when the unit is serviced.
Fluid bypass around the basket is prevented because the outside diameter of the filter bag seals radially against the housing inside diameter. A single cover gasket is used to seal the opening, and covers can be installed and removed without tools.