The 56W55B is a new UN Rated blue 55 gallon open head plastic drum. This high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic drum includes a cover with 2" NPT and 3/4" NPT Tri-Sure style plug & flange fittings, a EPDM rubber gasket, and a lever lock ring closure. The lever lock ring holds the cover on to the container with a latch (or toggle) that is pulled from one side to the other and applies torque to the two ring ends in a similar fashion to the bolt ring. UN specifications include a rating of UN1H2/Y130/S for solids. This drum was developed especially for the requirements of the American chemical industry. Their special form enables them to be handled and transported like steel and fiber drums.Key benefits:
- Ideal for storage and transportation purposes
- Open head containers (1H2 drums) have a removable cover creating convenient access to the inside of the drum
- Complies with FDA regulations for food and drug
- Additional foot-ring ensures safe stacking and supports manual handling by tumbling
- Includes a cover with 2" NPT and 3/4" NPT Tri-Sure style plug & flange fittings, a EPDM rubber gasket, and a lever lock ring closure
High density polyethylene (HDPE )
is the most commonly used resin. This economical plastic has good impact resistant, is naturally translucent, flexible, and typically used for personal care products, such as shampoo bottles. Adding color will give HDPE an opaque look that will result in an increase in weight and rigidness. We have a variety of these rigid and tough high density polyethylene products in stock, from containers, pails, bottles, caps, tubs, and jugs. HDPE works well in below freezing temperatures. HDPE heat compatibility varies. Generally, it should not be used with products filled at over 145°F.