The 56W56W is a UN Rated 55 gallon white tight head plastic drum (aka shipping container). This blow molded drum is made of industrial strength high molecular weight, high density polyethylene (HMWPE) plastic similar to HDPE but more durable, with extra thick walls to provide superior performance and long lasting durability. The seamless construction of this closed head drum is suitable for outdoor use. High temperature is 140 ° F and low temperature is -40 ° F. The 56W56W closed head storage drum features drain vents molded in the top with two 2" openings. The first is a 2" NPS bung opening which includes a NPS plug with a 3/4" center reducer & faucet carrier and a EPDM gasket. The second is a 2" Buttress bung opening which includes a Buttress plug and EPDM gasket.Key benefits
- Original Single L-Ring design offers the best in material handling, and long service life.
- Integrally molded top ring facilitates handling using "parrot's beak" assembly, side grabber, hoist, forklift, and hand truck.
- Optimally drainable.
- Bottom handhold for easy handling.
- Same dimensions as a steel drum for standardized handling and conveying.
- Complies with FDA regulations for food and drugs.
High density polyethylene (HDPE )
is the most commonly used resin. This economical plastic has good impact resistant, is naturally translucent, flexible, and typically used for personal care products, such as shampoo bottles. Adding color will give HDPE an opaque look that will result in an increase in weight and rigidness. We have a variety of these rigid and tough high density polyethylene products in stock, from containers, pails, bottles, caps, tubs, and jugs. HDPE works well in below freezing temperatures. HDPE heat compatibility varies. Generally, it should not be used with products filled at over 145°F.