The 26W55R is a reconditioned UN Rated black 55 gallon tight head (closed top) steel drum with a rust inhibitor enamel. This steel drum has a closed cover with 2" NPT and 3/4" NPT Tri-Sure style plug & flange fittings. UN Specifications include a rating of UN1A1/Y1.6/200 for liquids. It meets strict wall thickness requirements, gauge ASTM grade carbon steel, and is tested for strength and durability. Reconditioned drums must go through a certified cleaning and reconditioning process. Perfect for the stowage and shipping of hazardous materials. Can be used for both solids and liquids.
- Ideal for storage and transportation purposes
- Tight-head (closed top) containers (1A1 drums) have a non-removable top
- Access to the container is via 2" and 3/4" plugs in the top of the container
- Rust inhibitor enamel prevents the drum from rusting prior to being filled, not intended to act as a lining
- Certified clean and reconditioned
- Not approved to store food or drinking liquids
Carbon steel (CS) is metal alloy that is made of iron and carbon. It is known as a cost-effective alloying material. There are four types of carbon steel that vary in strength level: low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, and very high carbon steel. Engine parts, car body panels, and select knives are made of carbon steel. The Cary Company also has carbon steel IBC tanks, filter vessels, and drums that work well with many liquids.
This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.