The 26WR58 is a reconditioned black 55 gallon open head steel drum with a rust inhibitor enamel. This steel drum has a black cover with a EPDM rubber gasket and a lever lock ring closure. The lever lock ring holds the cover on to the container with a latch (or toggle) that is pulled from one side to the other and applies torque to the two ring ends in a similar fashion to the bolt ring. No torque wrench is required to confirm proper closure. Key benefits:
- Ideal for storage and transportation purposes
- Open head containers (1A2 drums) have a removable cover creating convenient access to the inside of the drum
- Rust inhibitor enamel prevents the drum from rusting prior to being filled. It is not intended to act as a lining
- These drums include a white cover with a EPDM rubber gasket and a lever lock ring closure
- Not UN Rated
- This reconditioned drum is supplied from a RIPA Member (Reusable Industrial Packaging Association). RIPA members must meet requirements for the proper handling of drums that come in and out, maintain an environmental insurance policy, and have a Responsible Container Management Policy.
Carbon steel (CS) is metal alloy that is made of iron and carbon. It is known as a cost-effective alloying material. There are four types of carbon steel that vary in strength level: low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, and very high carbon steel. Engine parts, car body panels, and select knives are made of carbon steel. The Cary Company also has carbon steel IBC tanks, filter vessels, and drums that work well with many liquids.
This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.