Cel-Span® Purge 385 is a multipurpose, binary engineered thermoplastic purging compound, formulated for blown film equipment. Cel-Span® Purge 385 is a cleansing compound specially tailored for most resins that are utilized in sheet and film extrusion processes. Cel-Span® Purge 385 contains several proprietary additives used to maximize thermal stability and reduce degradation and oxidative by-products occurring during the manufacturing process as well other contaminants produced in most olefinic resin processes.
Cel-Span® Purge 385 is an effective compound used in removing residue by-products such as char, black specks, and colors from process equipment during various extrusion and injection processes. Cel-Span® Purge 385 has been successful in removing residues during cleansing cycles. There are no adverse health effects from the use of Cel-Span® Purge 385. The additives and resins used in the formulation are GRAS approved. Cel-Span® Purge 385 is packaged in a 55 lb. plastic bags or 1,100 lb. gaylord boxes. We recommend this product be kept closed and stored in the original container, away from light, heat and high humidity environments.Applications: Blown film – Cast film
Features and Benefits:
- Temperature Range: 350°F – 450°F (177°C – 232°C)
- Density: 0.955 g/cc
- Types of Resins: PE, PP, and PS
- Amount Required: 1 – 3 times barrel capacities suggested, but actual amount depends on machine conditions.
- Easy to use
- No process changes needed
- Use at the normal resin processing temperature and RPM speed
- Safe, non-hazardous materials with FDA compliance
- No mixing required
- Unlimited shelf life