Most versatile and widely used in the plastics industry.
Cel-Span® Purge 388 is a transition purge that contains several proprietary additives that are essential in the cleansing cycle of high temperatures and lower melting polyolefins. Temperatures above 500 °F may cause material to smoke. Cel-Span® Purge 388 can be used directly without any mixing necessary to clean most plastic equipment during color and resin changes. The unique additives and resin system in Cel-Span® Purge 388 makes it possible to cleanse color resins in less time, in most resin applications.
Cel-Span® Purge 388 has been one of the industry’s best performing purging compounds for 15 years! Our purging compounds and additives offer superior cleansing and economic value over in-house methods and other commercial purges. We invite you to sample Cel-Span® Purge 388 or any of our other purging compounds and additives and see for yourself why Phoenix Plastics products are trusted by engineers and plant managers around the world.Applications: Injection Molding – Blow Molding – Pipe/Profile Sheet – Compounding
Features and Benefits:
- Temperature Range: 350°F – 450°F (177°C – 232°C)
- Melt Flow: 1-10 HLMI (grams/10 min.), at 190°C/21.6kg
- Blend Density: 0.955 g/cc
- Types of Resins: PE, PP, PS, PA
- Amount Required: 1 – 3 times barrel capacities suggested, but actual amount depends on machine conditions
- Easy to use
- No process changes needed
- Use at the normal resin processing temperature and RPM speed
- Safe, non-hazardous materials with FDA compliance
- No mixing required
- Unlimited shelf life
- Not just a mechanical purge