Store that wine appropriately with the #8 (7/8" x 1 ½”) Neutrocork®
38 mm x 22 mm Micro-Agglomerated Cork. Key benefits:
- Made of small cork granules that have been pressed together into individual molds to create a stable cork
- Strong enough to withstand mechanical bottling
- Cork neck finish with a 3/4” neck width
- Better consistency, smoother, and more elastic than standard agglomerated corks
- Almost zero trichloroanisole (TCA)
- Easy extraction
- Protects wine from oxidation
- Fits most commercially made wine bottles (However, for a proper fit, purchase a cork that is 2-3mm larger than the bottle's opening.)
- #8 corks are standard corks that known for being easy to insert
- Legacy Sizing: No. 8 × 1 ½″
Known for its stability, these micro-agglomerated corks are made of small cork granules that are compressed to form a uniformed single mold. They compress less easily than natural corks. These corks are great for home winemaking kits. Cork insertion is easiest when using small hand-operated corkers.
is a new generation natural cork closure that offers homogeneous stability. They are typically used for early consumption of wine (up to 2 years).
Wider corks have a tighter seal which are sometimes difficult to insert with handheld corkers. Longer corks limit the amount of headspace available in a bottle.