Get a precise seal with the #9 (15/16" x 1 ¾”) Twin Top®
44 mm x 25.5 mm Cork.Key benefits:
- Cork neck finish with a 3/4” neck width
- Has the same sustainability as the natural cork stopper
- Allows only small pockets of air to reach wine, which makes it suitable for medium aging
- Excellent cork comparative test results (Test developed by AWRI – Australian Wine Research Institute and in the permeability to oxygen analysis carried out by the University of Bordeaux 2)
- #9 cork provides a tighter seal than #7 and #8 corks
- Legacy Sizing: No. 9 × 1 ¾”
Technical cork stoppers are used to store wine for consumption for 2 to 3 years. It has an agglomerated cork body with natural cork disks on either one or two ends. It is is known for its stability and strength.
Wider corks have a tighter seal which are sometimes difficult to insert with handheld corkers. Longer corks limit the amount of headspace available in a bottle. In general, most bottles can handle various cork dimensions to create an acceptable seal.