The Type I Safety Can with Self-Close Lid (Multi-Lingual) is designed to safely store your flammable liquids like diesel. This single spout container is designed for the purpose of filling and pouring and has the capacity to hold 2 gallons. Features include a stainless steel flame arrester that dissipates heat to prevent flashback ignition, a sealed lid with an automatic positive-pressure relief that vents between 3 and 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) to prevent ruptures and explosions, and a swinging handle that makes transporting cans easier. It can also be used with a polypropylene funnel for easier pouring, which is sold separately. It is coated in a chemical resistant powder-coat finish. Yellow colored safety cans are traditionally used to hold diesel oil. ID zone includes space that you can write in to avoid misuse.
The proper handling of flammable and combustible liquids is important for the prevention of fires and explosions. Storing your flammable and combustible liquids in safety cans prevents the occurrence of fires and explosions as they inhibit the creation of flammable vapors, spills, and are designed to safely relieve internal pressure when subjected to fire conditions. Safety cans are vigorously tested to determine strength and go through drop, leak, strength and compatibility tests in order determine the highest quality in safety standards. It is critical that you choose the proper can that has been determined to be compatible with your combustible or flammable liquid. The Type I Steel Safety Can w/ Self-Close Lid is FM, UL/ULC,and TUV approved. It also meets OSHA and NFPA requirements.
- Designed to safely store your flammable liquids like diesel.
- Has the capacity to hold 2 Gallons.
- Carefully tested to determine that it is leak proof, durable when used, can survive drops, and is compatible with flammable liquids.
- Single spout is used for filling and pouring.
- Steel lid's positive-pressure relief vents 3 to 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) that protects against ruptures or explosions.
- Can be used with a polypropylene funnel for easier pouring, sold separately
- FM, UL/ULC, and TUV approved.
- Meets OSHA and NFPA requirements.
- Made in the USA