- This UN Rated black 20 gallon open head steel drum has a rust inhibitor and comes with a cover that has 2" and 3/4" fittings. This steel drum has a white cover with a EPDM rubber gasket and a bolt ring closure. A bolt ring is a closure ring that holds the cover on to the body of the container by encompassing the cover and the top of the container in a groove. This ring is then tightened by a bolt that pulls the ends of the rings together. A calibrated torque wrench is used to confirm proper closure. UN specifications include a rating of UN1A2/Y1.5/150 for liquids and UN1A2/X220/S for solids. This container meets strict wall thickness requirements, 1.2/1.2/1.2 mm (top/body/bottom) 18 gauge ASTM grade carbon steel, and is tested for strength and durability.
- Ideal for storage and transportation purposes
- Open head containers (1A2 drums) have a removable cover creating convenient access to the inside of the drum
- Rust inhibitor prevents the drum from rusting prior to being filled
- These drums include a white cover with a EPDM rubber gasket and a bolt ring (12 Gauge w/4" Bolt & 5/8" Nut) closure
- Proudly Made in the USA
Material:Carbon steel (CS) is metal alloy that is made of iron and carbon. It is known as a cost-effective alloying material. There are four types of carbon steel that vary in strength level: low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, and very high carbon steel. Engine parts, car body panels, and select knives are made of carbon steel. The Cary Company also has carbon steel IBC tanks, filter vessels, and drums that work well with many liquids.
Disclaimer:This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.
More Information Capacity 20 gal. Color White/Black Material Carbon Steel Dimensions 18.25” Dia. x 19.2” H (inside) / 18.8” Dia. x 21.5” H (outside) Pallet Pack 20 ea. (20 Cases) Country of Manufacture United States Condition New Closure Cover w/Bolt Ring Closure Lining Unlined Steel Thickness 1.2/1.2/1.2 (Top/Body/Bottom) Steel Gauge 18/18/18 (Top/Body/Bottom) Fittings 2" NPT & 3/4" NPT Gasket EPDM Rubber Gasket UN Rating Liquid UN1A2/Y1.5/150 UN Rating Solid UN1A2/X220/S Note: Please note this clearance item is final and is not eligible for return.
- Q & A
- Customer QuestionsWhat is an open head steel drum?Open head drums have a fully removable cover that is secured with either a bolt ring or lever lock ring closure. Open head drums are also available without a cover.What are open head steel drums used for?Though they can be used for liquids, open head drums are commonly used for solid and dry materials. They are also a good option for thicker liquids such as oils, syrups and glues. Open head drums are also a good option when the drum’s contents have to be accessed repeatedly. Some of our open head steel drum lids have fittings that allow controlled flow of liquids in those applications.What sizes of open head steel drums do you carry?Our most common size is a 55-gallon capacity. However, we also offer 5-, 10-, 16-, 20- and 30-gallon capacity drums.Are open head steel drums food grade?Most of our new lined steel drums are FDA approved for food or pharmaceutical storage. Unlined and reconditioned drums are not FDA approved for food or pharmaceutical storage.Are open head drums strong?This open head drum is made of carbon steel making it a strong and durable container for storing and transporting a variety of contents. These drums can often be reused. We also offer UN-rated drums that can safely store certain hazardous materials.Can you ship internationally? Where are you located?The Cary Company online ordering platform is only set up to ship within the United States. For international shipments, please contact us at 630.629.6600 or Sales@thecarycompany.com, and we will be happy to process your order. Our main warehouse and office are located in Addison, Ill. We also have warehouses in across the United States that you can see here. Thank you for choosing The Cary Company.What drum has highest psi capacity?Thank you for your inquiry. We do not pressure rate our drums. Thank you for choosing The Cary Company!
You May Also Like
20 Gallon Steel Drum, UN Rated, Cover w/Bolt Ring, LinedPart #: 26W21G
- Quantity Qty Price
- 1 $151.760 ea.
- 5 $137.970 ea.
- 10 $125.330 ea.
- 20 $119.570 ea.
- 40 $114.980 ea.
- Quantity Qty Price
- 1 $148.030 ea.
- 5 $136.640 ea.
- 10 $126.890 ea.
- 20 $118.430 ea.
- 40 $111.030 ea.
20 Gallon Steel Drum, UN Rated, Cover w/Bolt RingPart #: 26W20G
- Quantity Qty Price
- 1 $151.880 ea.
- 5 $140.190 ea.
- 10 $130.180 ea.
- 20 $121.500 ea.
- 60 $113.900 ea.