68W281 is the easy to handle clear 250 ml Corning®
polystyrene (PS) plastic easy-grip media bottle with plug seal cap that provides stability when storing aqueous solutions and tissue culture media. The low profile plastic media bottle has been sterilized, making it suitable for immediate use. The cap has an airtight seal to prevent contamination. Media bottles are commonly used in laboratories.
- Applicable with alcohols, weak acids, and strong alkali
- Easy grip handle design fosters safe handling
- Wide mouth neck for easy storing and pouring
- Disposable bottle
- Molded graduations for precise measurements
- 45 mm HDPE plug seal cap minimizes contamination
- Maximum working temperature: 70°C
- Minimum working temperature: -20°C
- Maximum storage temperature: 64°C to 80°C
- Thermal durability: 80°C
- Medium shatter resistance level and short pH stability
- Sterile and certified nonpyrogenic
*Temperatures noted above are recommendations. Bottle performance may vary in the freezer due to the temperature and contents inside. A trail run is recommended.
is naturally clear and known in the plastics industry for being an economically inexpensive alternative to other plastics. Though less costly, PS has some disadvantages since it tends to be hard and has poor chemical and impact resistance, which makes it brittle. It is commonly found in plastic cutlery and food containers like our straight sided plastic jars, which can hold more basic products, such as dried foods, personal and pharmaceutical items. Polystyrene has poor to moderate resistance to temperature and UV light. A PS bottle or jar tends to have a hot fill temperature of up to 150°F, though this may vary depending on the product.
This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.