The clear 250 ml Corning®
polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic square media bottle with plug seal cap can be used to store media, buffers, and other types of aqueous solutions. This lightweight and break-resistant bottle is a great space saver, using up less shelf space than similar containers. It has been sterilized to SAL 10-6
, making it suitable for immediate use. The cap prevents unnecessary contamination. Media bottles are commonly used in laboratories.
- Applicable with weak acids
- Uses 13-20% less shelf space
- Wide mouth neck for easy storing and pouring
- Disposable bottle
- Screened white enamel graduations for accurate measurements, which are easier to see than molded graduations
- White square marking spot on bottle used for identification purposes
- 45 mm one-piece autoclavable orange GL 45 threaded HDPE plug seal cap minimizes contamination, no liner
- Maximum working temperature: 50°C
- Minimum working temperature: -40°C
- Maximum storage temperature: 50°C
- Thermal durability: 50°C
- High shatter resistance level and good pH stability
- Individually packed containers are sterile via gamma radiation
- USP Class VI, noncytotoxic, and nonpyrogenic
*Temperatures noted above are recommendations. Bottle performance may vary in the freezer due to the temperature and contents inside. A trial run is recommended.
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET or PETE)
is a clear material that has good impact strength with a high scratch resistance level. PET is known for being strong and lightweight. Our clear packer bottles can withstand high impact for short periods of time and can be widely found in the pharmaceutical sector. Polyethylene terephthalate is also commonly used in food and beverage bottles. PET can handle cold temperatures at about -40°F and is not suitable for hot fill applications. Fill temperature should not exceed 120°F.