68W729 is the clear 30 ml Corning®
polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic octagonal media bottle with screw cap that can be used for sampling and storing media, biologicals, and other types of aqueous solutions. This lightweight and break-resistant bottle has been sterilized to SAL 10-6
, making it suitable for immediate use. The screw cap is tamper-evident and prevents unnecessary contamination. Media bottles are commonly used in laboratories.
- Applicable with weak acids
- Disposable bottle
- Molded graduations for precise measurements
- 31.7 mm HDPE tamper-evident screw cap minimizes contamination, leakproof
- Maximum working temperature: 50°C
- Minimum working temperature: -40°C
- Maximum storage temperature: 50°C
- Thermal durability: 50°C
- High shatter resistance level and good pH stability
- USP class VI compliant bottles are noncytoxic, nonhemolytic, and certified nonpyrogenic
*Temperatures noted above are recommendations. Bottle performance may vary in the freezer due to the temperature and contents inside. A trail run is recommended.
Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET or PETE)
is a clear material that has good impact strength with a high scratch resistance level. PET is known for being strong and lightweight. Our clear packer bottles can withstand high impact for short periods of time and can be widely found in the pharmaceutical sector. Polyethylene terephthalate is also commonly used in food and beverage bottles. PET can handle cold temperatures at about -40°F and is not suitable for hot fill applications. Fill temperature should not exceed 120°F.