- This is an 85 gallon TIH (PIH) Toxic by Inhalation carbon steel overpack drum with a bolt ring closure. Known for its thickness and strength, this open head TIH overpack drum provides strong outer packaging protection. It has an EPDM rubber gasket and a bolt ring, which is a closure ring that holds the cover on to the body of the container by encompassing the cover and the top of the container in a groove. This ring is then tightened by a bolt that pulls the ends of the rings together. The TIH drum has been tested at 1A2/X plus 15 psi hydrostatic pressure per CFR 49 and complies with domestic and international regulations. Buy these TIH overpack drums today and save money with wholesale pricing.
- UN Rated and tested to help ensure safe shipping of hazardous materials
- Open-head design and removable lid offer full, convenient access
- UN Solid: 1A2/X440/S, UN Liquid: 15 psi
- Content: UN Solids, liquids, dual and T-rated
- Bolt ring closure and EPDM gasket
Material:Carbon steel (CS) is metal alloy that is made of iron and carbon. It is known as a cost-effective alloying material. There are four types of carbon steel that vary in strength level: low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, and very high carbon steel. Engine parts, car body panels, and select knives are made of carbon steel. The Cary Company also has carbon steel IBC tanks, filter vessels, and drums that work well with many liquids.
Disclaimer:This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.
More Information Capacity 85 gal. Color Black Material Carbon Steel Dimensions 26" Dia. x 36.80" H (Inside) / 26.6" Dia. x 38.5" H (Outside) Weight 80 lbs. Pallet Pack 6 ea. Country of Manufacture United States Condition New Closure Cover w/Bolt Ring Closure Lining Unlined Steel Thickness 1.5/1.5/1.5 (Top/Body/Bottom) Fittings None Gasket EPDM Rubber Gasket UN Rating Solid UN1A2/X440/S
- Q & A
- Customer QuestionsWhat does this TIH overpack drum store?TIH overpack drums store toxic or poisonous by inhalation packaging for later disposal and can handle damaged or leaking containers of hazardous material.Does this TIH overpack drum come with a cover?This TIH overpack drum is open head and has a fully removable cover that is secured with a bolt ringWhat is a bolt ring closure on this TIH overpack drum and how does it work?A bolt-ring closure is a ring that holds the cover on to the body of the container by encompassing the cover and the top of the container in a groove. This ring is then tightened by a bolt that pulls the ends of the rings together.What material is this TIH overpack drum made of?What is a Salvage drum and what is it used for?
A salvage drum is a specialized open head drum designed to contain a smaller vessel (such as smaller drums and pails) that holds hazardous material which has been damaged, is leaking or has spilled. Offered in both steel and plastic versions, salvage drums come with a cover that has either a bolt ring or lever lock closure. All salvage drums are UN rated, which means they are designed to meet the requirements set by the DOT for safe transport of potentially hazardous materials within the primary container. Salvage drums can also be used to temporarily store hazardous material soiled absorbents for later disposal.What type of Salvage drum do I need for my hazardous materials?
Each salvage drum is tested and rated to meet or exceed UN performance requirements for either Packing Group III, II or I hazardous materials. Additionally, these containers, as well as their cushioning materials, must be compatible with the hazardous material in the primary container.Are Salvage drums DOT certified?
Yes, salvage drums are regulated by the DOT as containers to be used once product is in transport. The UN rating required for salvage drums to hold potentially hazardous goods is determined by DOT.What are the differences between Salvage drums and Overpack drums?Salvage drums are used to contain damaged, compromised or leaking containers that hold hazardous materials. The damaged container is placed inside of the Salvage drum and sealed. They are UN rated which means they're tested to ensure they can safely transport the type of hazardous material they are designed. Although overpack drums can also be UN rated, they are simply a secondary container for intact packaging or damaged non-hazardous materials that offer additional protection to the primary container.How many times may I use this Salvage drum?Salvage drums are designed for a single transport.What size Salvage drum is needed for a 55-gallon drum?Since the Salvage drum must be larger than the container it’s holding, 55-gallon drums typically need an 85-gallon Salvage drum to ensure the primary drum will fit in the Salvage drum.Should a steel salvage drum be used for a steel primary container?Most users typically use a steel salvage drum for a steel drum or pail.Can you ship internationally? Where are you located?The Cary Company online ordering platform is only set up to ship within the United States. For international shipments, please contact us at 630.629.6600 or Sales@thecarycompany.com, and we will be happy to process your order. Our main warehouse and office are located in Addison, Ill. We also have warehouses in across the United States that you can see here. Thank you for choosing The Cary Company.