Looking to get rid of those used totes or used IBC’s? We can help!
The Cary Company offers IBC recycling and disposal services to help customers responsibly recycle many types of used IBCs (Intermediate Bulk Containers). After receiving these containers, we have them cleaned out and reconditioned or properly disposed of.
Though empty IBC Totes waste space and resources, companies should not throw out used IBCs. IBC disposal must be in compliance with strict federal, state and local environmental regulations. The Cary Company can work out proper disposal and recycling of a variety of totes and intermediate bulk containers (IBC’s). In order for us to pick up the containers, they need to be completely empty of product. If an emptier cannot see the majority of the bottom (exposed / free from being covered over by any residue) of a plastic inner receptacle of an IBC, it is not RCRA empty.
An emptier is allowed 0.3% by weight of the total volume in a bulk container. A bulk container is defined by US EPA as 119 Gallons and up.
- In a 275 Gallon IBC, an emptier is allowed .9 of 1 gallon total volume.
- In a 330 Gallon IBC, an emptier is allowed 1.1 gallons total volume.
The weight is measured by what the SG is of the SDS in the container. Below 119 gallons is considered a Non-Bulk Container. In those instances, an emptier is allowed 3% of total volume.
If you need some assistance with your IBC disposal needs, please fill out the form below and email [email protected] or call 630.376.2400.
We require the following information in order to process the IBC disposal.
- A few pictures of the containers that will be returned.
- SDS of the former contents.
- Size of IBC being returned.
- The number of IBCs that will be returned.
- The pick up location of the containers.
- Quantities must be in full T/L quantities or close.
- LTL Pick up is available in and around Chicago, IL and Pittsburgh, PA