The 34WSEC is a 5 gallon open head plastic pail pulled from our mixed lot (overruns or overstock). Plastic pail seconds are a great alternative when color is not a factor. It is tough enough to store hardware supplies and secure enough to protect contents. Strong reinforcing ribs guarantee that it will keep its shape. This durable round commercial grade container can be used to safely store or ship products including paints, inks, chemicals, foods, construction materials, pet food and other applications. Container and cover can be hot filled up to 150°F, steam sterilized and frozen. Features a tapered design which allows empty buckets to nest for storage and separate easily, while pails with lids are stackable. Plastic open head pails are recyclable.Key benefits:
- Various colors available, color requests cannot be made
- Made of FDA Approved high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic which can withstand high temperatures
- Heavy duty 90mil wall thickness
- 5 gallon (18.9 liter) capacity
- Dimensions: 11.9" Dia. (top) x 10.4" Dia. (bottom) x 14.562" H
- Has either a plastic or metal handle with plastic grip for comfortable transport of heavy contents
- Includes child warning label printed on pail
High density polyethylene (HDPE )
is the most commonly used resin. This economical plastic has good impact resistant, is naturally translucent, flexible, and typically used for personal care products, such as shampoo bottles. Adding color will give HDPE an opaque look that will result in an increase in weight and rigidness. We have a variety of these rigid and tough high density polyethylene products in stock, from containers, pails, bottles, caps, tubs, and jugs. HDPE works well in below freezing temperatures. HDPE heat compatibility varies. Generally, it should not be used with products filled at over 145°F.
This information has been provided as a general guide. It is the customer's responsibility to select the proper container for product and application compatibility.