Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us.We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you shop on our store; create an online account or profile; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, surveys, mailing lists, events; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, zip code, payment information, demographic information, information about your interests and preferences and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically.We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use the Services or transact business with us, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
- Log Information:We obtain information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information:We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Location Information:We may collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources.We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example, if you use your credentials from a third party social media site (e.g., Facebook) to log into your account or interact with us, we may collect information about you, such as your name, account information and friends list, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
- provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
- provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about THE CARY COMPANY and partner products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law.
By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of THE CARY COMPANY, including as follows:
- with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa.
The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
THE CARY COMPANY takes reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your Information.You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information or by calling Customer Service. You may also email us firstname.lastname@example.org you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. If you would like to update or correct your account information, you may do so by callingCustomer Service.
Promotional Communications.You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from THE CARY COMPANY by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, or our ongoing business relations.
Location Information. You also have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device.
You can also stop our collection of location information in connection with our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing all THE CARY COMPANY applications from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device.
You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
We also use a third party to “power” product reviews on our Services.
Changes to this Policy
THE CARY COMPANY may change this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please call our customer service representatives at 1-630-629-6600 or send an email message to email@example.com. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the following address:
The Cary Company
Attention: Privacy Officer
1195 W. Fullerton Ave
Addison, IL 60101