There are applications where our Containment Berms are used all day / every day with frequent vehicular and personnel traffic. And other applications where the Berm is only set up when needed. And still, other applications where a container (drum, IBC, equipment, etc) is placed in the Berm and left there for long periods of time. It is for the second and third situation that we designed the Economy Model Containment Berm. As the name states, this product is less expensive than most other models so it may not offer all of the conveniences that some of them do. But rest assured, it is rugged, durable and packs plenty of its own features.Key benefits:
- No frames, components or excess material outside of sidewalls — excellent for use as spill containment area inside of storage sheds and other buildings or structures where floor space is a premium.
- Economical spill containment for frac tanks and other large containers.
- Meets SPCC and EPA Container Storage Regulation 40 CFR 264.175.
- Standard material of construction is Copolymer 2000™.
- Proudly Made in the USA.
- L-shaped aluminum brackets provide sturdy sidewall support.
- Easy assembly — Brackets are quickly and easily inserted into sleeves spaced around perimeter of Containment Berm.
- Sidewalls must be put up or taken down manually when driving vehicle or equipment into Berm.
Chemical Compatibility - Copolymer 2000™, Urethane and XR-5
- EPA 40 CFR 264.175 Containment of Containers Containing Free Liquid.
- SPCC - Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Act
According to EPA guidelines, spills must be cleaned up within 24 hours and any secondary containment areas must be inspected once a week. The chart below lists chemical compatibility of Copolymer 2000, Urethane and XR5. The information has been developed from industry available data and offers compatibility based on exposure of one week or less.UltraTech's Chemical Compatibility Guide